Alex has in excess of 35 years' experience in accounting, with the majority of that time spent as a partner in largely mid-tier accounting firms. His background encompasses interests in property development and agriculture and acting in honorary positions for a large charity. In addition, he has served on audit, risk management and compliance committees for listed and unlisted entities.
Alex's expertise is in the disciplines of Audit, Assurance and Corporate Services. In particular, Alex is experienced in performing:
- Business valuations
- Due diligence and independent accountant's reports.
- Forensic reports and expert witness testimony
- Independent expert reports
- Audit (external and internal) including public and private entities (both listed and unlisted)
- Audit, governance, risk management and compliance committees
During the course of Alex’s private practice experience he has developed a deep understanding of a number of sectors including:
- Bachelor of Economics (Accounting major)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment (FINSIA)
- Fellow: FINSIA
- Fellow: Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Member: Australian Institute of Company Director
- Registered Company Auditor
- Recognised Valuation specialist with CAANZ
Alex and his wife Debbie have two adult girls completing university studies and forging ahead in their early careers. Alex grew up on a cattle and grain property west of Brisbane, he still has ties to the land with the property continuing to operate and remaining in the family.
Alex played several sports for many years, particularly rugby and tennis. His participation is now from the sidelines albeit with as much passion and enthusiasm. To relax, Alex enjoys a good movie, is an avid reader and occasionally treats himself to good wine in the company of family and friends.