Mark is an accomplished corporate executive with forty years experience in business leadership, accounting, audit and assurance, including over 20 years with global accounting firms in partner roles. He is the Managing Partner of Hanrick Curran and head of the Audit division.
Mark's background includes commerce positions both in Australia and abroad in addition to 3 years as a lecturer at the University of Queensland.
Mark has held numerous honorary treasurer roles of several charitable organisations and has served as a member of numerous government, private company committees and boards.
He is the Chairman of Queensland Eye Institute and formerly a committee member of the Auctioneers & Agents Committee, board member of the Queensland Art Gallery Society and National Audit Director on the International Audit and Accounting Committee.
Mark's expertise lies in the fields of audit, assurance and business advising, including:
- Corporate leadership, strategic and business planning
- Business investigations and examinations
- Litigation support and expert witness testimony
- Audit services including public and private companies, operating trusts and investment entities
- Business valuations
- Due diligence and independent accountants reports
- Business advisory services
- Independent non-executive director
Mark has developed a deep understanding of a wide variety of industries throughout his client engagements, including:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) University of Queensland
- Fellow: Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Registered Tax Agent
- Australian Institute of Management
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Certified Practicing Accountant in Papua New Guinea
- Registered Company Auditor
- Registered SMSF Auditor
Mark and his wife Suzanne have two children Hannah and Samuel progressing through high school and university studies. Mark has a number of sporting interests that are followed closely from the grand stand or the couch, including cricket, rugby league, rugby union and tennis.
To relax, Mark enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends. He is an active contributor in the community providing many hours of pro-bono professional services to a wide range of charitable organisations assisting them to develop stronger financial rigour and improved corporate governance.