Michael Georghiou is a Director in the Assurance and Corporate division who also practices in business services. Michael has over 25 years external audit experience across a wide variety of entities and industries. He has been an audit and business services partner in both small and mid-tier firms for over 15 years.
Michael acts on compliance, audit and risk management and governance committees for non-listed public entities including one of Australia's largest private companies. He has acted as the lead auditor of listed small cap companies and has been a regular contributor to the Queensland Master Builders Industry Magazine.
Michael's key areas of expertise include:
- External Audit
- Technical Auditing and Accounting Issues
- Risk management
- Business and systems reviews
- Business and strategic planning
- Taxation and business services
Michael's industry experience lies in the sectors of:
- service industries
- aged care and retirement villages,
- small cap listed entities,
- property development and investment,
- not for profit, employee associations and trade unions
- Indigenous organisations
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Law (Honours)
- Member of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
- Registered Company Auditor
Michael is raising two children together with his wife Liz. He enjoys being actively involved in his kids’ sporting activities, in particular cricket and all codes of football which were his sports of interest years ago.
To relax, Michael enjoys nothing more than to wet a line and wait for the fish to bite. He tries a variety of different lures and prefers river fishing but beach fishing in summer is hard to pass up.