Not for Profit
The not-for-profit landscape is always evolving. Shifting demographics, changing regulatory requirement, and philanthropic support waning under economic pressures, which all present challenges to organisations in this sector. Successful organisations are those that can adapt to these demands whilst staying true to their purpose.
Hanrick Curran recognises the importance your organisations play in our community. It is therefore our priority in advising our Not-For-Profit organisations and Associations to protect your tax-exempt status, provide clear direction for strong corporate governance and uncover opportunities for further operational efficiency and income streams to achieve organisations continuity.
- Audit Services focusing on systems and internal controls, enabling pinpoint analysis of risk areas, identifying weakness in control and inefficiencies, identifying cost reduction opportunities and improving fraud prevention and detection
- Financial Statements preparation and assistance – using cutting edge technology and software, assistance in design and preparation of monthly management reporting, budgets and analysis
- Tax advice for GST and FBT – strategic advice, planning and identifying effective business and tax related opportunities
- Governance, business improvement and board renewal – business coaching, business planning, strategy development and business needs assessment
- HR Consulting – salary packaging reviews, job analysis and design, legislative advice, HR planning, performance management programs and recruitment processes
- Grant acquittal reviews
- Establishing charitable trusts
- Tax Effective Giving - Facilitating the establishment of charitable trusts and tax effectively structuring Inter- Vivos and Bequeath giving. Click here to access a guide to Tax Effective Giving
Services to our not-for-profit organisations and community associations are provided by specialists in this industry, including Registered Company Auditors and Directors of Hanrick Curran, Mark Sheridan, Alex Fraser, Matthew Green and Michael Georghiou. Business and Tax Services Partners, Jamie Towers, and Business Improvement Consultant, Anthony Tuite.
- Hanrick Curran is proud of our 30 year history in contributing pro bono professional services and financial support to wide range of Not-For-Profit organisations and community associations through our Charity and Community Involvement.
- Hanrick Curran developed a Guide to Tax Effective Giving and has co-branded with Charities to assist in encouraging their donors to maximise their contributions. Charities are welcome to contact us with a view to leverage this Guide to benefit donors and maximise the value of donor contributions.
May 2017 - 2017 Year End Tax Planning Guide
Apr 2017 - 5 good reasons to do year end planning in 2017
Jun 2016 - Queensland Budget 2016 - reprioritising to create jobs, growth and infrastructure investment
Jun 2016 - Foreign resident Capital Gains - Withholding applies from 1 July 2016
Jun 2016 - Governance Evolution and Future Trends
May 2016 - Year End Superannuation Guide for 2016
May 2016 - 2016 Year End Tax Planning Guide
May 2016 - 2016 - 2017 Federal Budget Tax Brief
May 2016 - 2016/17 Federal Budget Superannuation Brief
May 2016 - 2016/17 Hanrick Curran Tax Guide
Jan 2016 - Unnecessary tax for charities
Dec 2015 - Australia's Future in Medical Research is Agreed
Oct 2015 - Scholarships for Not-for-Profit Directors and Chairs closing 27 October
Oct 2015 - NFP reporting - Getting the basics right to save you money
Aug 2015 - Business record keeping – what where, and for how long
July 2015 - 9 Tips for Board minutes
Mar 2015 - Stock shrinkage is a big cost
Feb 2015 - Australia 2040 – the impact of technology on the workplace