Stephen is a Director with Hanrick Curran and loves taking a hands on approach to help his clients succeed. Stephen prides himself on getting to know his clients, so he can look through the numbers and solutions to client’s needs. In his early career it really strengthened his resolve to understand that an Accountant is for life not just tax time.
As a graduate auditor in the early 2000s and while working on large Government entities at big-name firms, it became apparent to Stephen that numbers are nothing without people. It also gave him an appreciation of the systems in place at larger organisations that could be implemented to make small business clients more effective and efficient. It wasn’t until Stephen worked in small business divisions that he found his niche and loved getting to know the people behind the numbers. From early on Stephen developed a strong passion to help grow businesses more holistically.
Stephen went on to own and operate his own practice for a number of years where he was committed to see his clients succeed. In 2017 Stephen joined Hanrick Curran allowing his clients the ability to access a multi-disciplined service to support their growth and success.
Stephen’s key areas of expertise include:
- Business advisory services
- Business improvement
- Cash flow projection and business forecasts
- Management reporting pack design and interpretation
- Corporate and business taxation
- Business advice on income tax, goods and services tax, capital gains tax, fringe benefits tax, etc
- Business Value Assessment
- Advice on establishing new businesses and registration requirements in Australia
Stephen has a deep understanding of a number of industries including:
- Information, Communication and Technology
- Family Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Registered Tax Agent
- Member: Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
Stephen is an avid North Queensland Cowboys supporter in the NRL but also considers himself a cricket tragic. He has played soccer (Football) at a high level in his home town of Townsville to cap off his love of sport in general. Stephen and his wife, Kacey, have been married for almost 10 years and will welcome a new addition to their family in late 2017.