Audit and Assurance
Audits play a crucial role in the compliance framework of many businesses. Compliance audits are mandated to ensure businesses are achieving their objectives through managing and minimising risk. At Hanrick Curran our risk-based audit approach focuses on systems and internal controls, enabling pinpoint analysis of areas of risk, weaknesses in control and inefficiencies in business processes. Our experienced audit team can achieve this risk mitigation through the expert use of cutting-edge technology, the application of a tailored review process and with the regular oversight of the Audit Director.
Our Audit team has the experience and rigour to not only complete the audit with minimal disruption to the Business operations, but also proactively identify business improvements that add value to the staff and management within the Business.
Our audits are completed in accordance with the requirements of ASQC 1 Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Financial Reports and Other Financial Information, Other Assurance Engagements and Related Services Engagements. We have the depth of resources within our Audit Director team to manage auditor rotation requirements without impacting client continuity associated with maintaining engagement from the same firm.
We have expertise across a broad range of business sizes and industries including:
- Financial Services requiring AFSL and ASIC compliance audits
- Large Private and Public companies across industries including Building, Construction, Property Development, Manufacturing, Food Processing, Retail and Financial Services
- ASX listed entities in Diversified Resources and Financial Services
- Tax effect accounting for mining industry clients
- Australian international financial reporting standards (AIFRS) assistance
- Self-Managed Superannuation Funds requiring annual SMSF Audits
- Trust account audits for real estate licensees
- Not-for-Profit, Trade Unions, Associations and Education Providers requiring compliance audits
- Specialist audit assignments including non-financial audits, special purpose audits and performance audits
We have demonstrated experience in servicing the Audit and Assurance needs of relatively small organisations through to large complex businesses. From Hanrick Curran’s perspective, all clients, whatever the size, deserve good communication, responsiveness, understanding and attention to detail. That is our client commitment.
We are motivated to ensure our clients experience:
- Easy access to your partner and senior manager
- Phone calls returned in a timely manner
- A ‘No surprises’ audits
- Early identification and consideration of issues
- A solutions focused approach to accounting matters
- Timely reporting of matters identified
- Quality advice and technical expertise
For Audit assistance please contact our Audit Directors:
Aug 2016 Invoice Fraud taking Queensland by storm - What you need to know
Aug 2016 New Promotions for 2016
July 2016 Confirmation Process Changes as Banks Embrace Technology
Jun 2016 Governance Evolution and Future Trends
Mar 2016 New false accounting offences come into effect
Feb 2016 Financial Statements to be placed on Public Display
Dec 2015 Australia's Future in Medical Research is Agreed
Aug 2015 Business record keeping – what where, and for how long
July 2015 9 Tips for Board minutes