Queensland is home to an exciting range of entities engaged in the important industry of providing financial services or investment vehicles. Brisbane has a reputation as a very competitive but innovative financial services market and is home to a wide variety of innovative companies.
Hanrick Curran are pleased to have been assisting companies and businesses in this industry for over 10 years.
Our specialists assist financial services companies by providing comprehensive business and audit services.We assist organisations operating in financial services with the following advice:
- Tax compliance services (including: income tax, goods and services tax, fringe benefits tax and other indirect taxes) for companies, trusts, partnerships, registered and unregistered schemes
- Tax advisory and tax structuring advice for investment vehicles including managed investment schemes and registered trusts
- AFSL licence audits (Australian Financial Services Licence)
- Advice regarding interpretation of requirements contained within an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL), including calculation of Net Tangible Assets (NTA), Surplus Liquid Funds (SLF), Adjusted Surplus Liquid Funds (ASLF), and cash flow requirements
- Valuation of businesses, investments and equity investments
- Assistance with preparation of Information Memorandum (IM) and other offer documents
- Compliance plan audits
- Due diligence services
- Determination of tax status of investment trust distributions, and preparation of annual distribution statements
- Finance facility review
Our team of specialist accountants, auditors and business advisors taking care of the financial services sector comprises of: May 2017 - 2017 Year End Tax Planning Guide
March 2017 - Beware of additional duties levied for minority foreign interests