Hanrick Curran joined over 90 international colleagues from 31 countries in Prague for Alliott Group’s Europe, Middle East & Africa Conference
An important way that Hanrick Curran supports the international expansion and business interests of our clients is through our membership of the Alliott Group, a worldwide alliance of independent Accounting, Consulting and Legal Firms. Hanrick Curran Tax Partner and Chair of the Alliott Group’s Asia Pacific region (and Deputy Chairman – Worldwide), Jamie Towers, recently travelled to Prague to attend the EMEA Regional Conference which was themed ‘Building a Future-Proof Professional Firm’.
A record 93 delegates attended the Conference which covered a range of business improvement topics such as leadership, talent management and marketing, but also the latest international developments in tax, the law and regulatory issues.
Jamie returned from the conference with not only stronger relationships with our professional counterparts in different cities across the world, but also with strategies and insights into how the firm can:
- Capitalise on the unique value proposition we offer to local companies and private individuals who want a ‘whole service’ or ‘one-stop-shop’ approach to procuring professional advice across different countries internationally
- Truly partner with our clients as equals and provide advisory services that show a real understanding of their business
- Compete to attract the best local talent and future-proof our firm and the business of our clients
- Contribute further to clients’ business and personal success and be the source of new ideas
- Continue to develop specialist niches so that we anticipate and meet the needs of our clients even more effectively
- Embrace technology to increase transparency and efficiency with our clients and enhance the service experience.
With the deadline for compliance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018, our professionals acquired vital information from expert consultants on how to advise business clients on the practicalities involved in being ready for GDPR. Significant changes to the US tax system were also outlined by our US colleagues and contextualised for those clients who have operations, investments or property held in the US.
In addition Jamie also contributed to specialist meetings of the alliance’s International Tax, and Global Mobility groups, strengthening our ability to source specialist expertise wherever in the world it is needed for clients.
A keen runner, Jamie also leads the Alliott Group running club, which is another way to form and strengthen relationships with international colleagues (pictured on a morning run around Prague with Global Director of Accountant Partners - Sage Software, Mr Cameron John).
Participation in international conferences enables Hanrick Curran to advise more effectively those of our clients who are doing business internationally. Our investment in sending people to alliance events ensures that Hanrick Curran is taking steps to future-proof the firm and the business of our clients.
If you would like assistance managing worldwide taxation and superannuation obligations, or for further assistance in achieving your international expansion goals, speak with your ususal Hanrick Curran advisor or alterntatively, Jamie Towers on 07 3218 3900.
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice.