It’s that time of year when many Queensland businesses close or scale down to minimum staff over the Festive Season giving business owners and staff a well-deserved break.
If your business is closing over this period, before you ‘switch off’ and unwind, it’s worth looking beyond the festive season to check you have plans to in place to address a few key due dates that will come around quickly once the doors re-open:
• 15 January 2018 –December Payroll Tax Returns or half yearly Payroll Tax Returns are due for lodgement and payment
• 15 January 2018 – Large Company Tax Returns (June year end) are due for lodgement
• 21 January 2018 – Monthly Instalment Activity Statements (IAS) / Business Activity Statements (BAS) due for lodgement and payment
• 28 January 2018 – Quarterly Superannuation Guarantee Contributions must be paid to superannuation funds
• 7 February 2018 – January Payroll Tax Returns are due for lodgement and payment
• 21 February 2018 – January Monthly BAS / IAS due for lodgement and payment
• 28 February 2018 – December Quarterly BAS due for lodgement and payment
On a more positive note, New Year’s Resolutions should not just be a personal matter. Whilst the year’s activities and results are top of mind, make a record of what worked well, what didn’t and what could have been improved. You can also capture ideas worth exploring in the new year. Having this note to refer to will give you some momentum when you start your planning process in 2018.
If you find yourself with a little more time on your hands in the final days of the year you can draft some new business goals, update your business plan and re-forecast your budget to set your business up for a successful 2018. If you would like some assistance with any of the above, please contact your Hanrick Curran advisor who would be happy to help.
The team at Hanrick Curran wish you a safe and happy festive season and a successful New Year.
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice.