Jeremy is a Business Advisory Director with Hanrick Curran and enjoys the close working relationship he builds up with his business clients predominantly in the Hospitality, ICT, Agribusiness or Professional sectors.
Jeremy’s background includes a stint at ALH as group analyst performing detailed business analysis, budgeting & capex and profit optimisation for over 90 ALH outlets throughout Qld. He cut his teeth professionally with other mid-tier firms before building his own successful practice. Joining Hanrick Curran in 2013, the additional resources and multi-disciplined service offering of Hanrick Curran enables him to provide holistic and timely solutions for his clients. Jeremy’s clients have benefitted from Hanrick Curran's affiliation with the Alliott Group when the time came to grow internationally.
Jeremy is a director of Ballet Theatre of Queensland, Anywhere Theatre Festival Limited, and a number of private companies. He is also on the Finance Committee of Golf Queensland.
A Chartered Tax Advisor with the Tax Institute, Jeremy's expertise includes tax structuring, transaction advice, capital gains tax and estate planning issues. He also has a strong commercial focus, providing out-sourced chief financial officer services to clients who wish to drive their finance function to actively support their business. Jeremy has key areas of expertise include:
- GST and income tax
- Capital gains tax
- Structuring for asset protection and tax efficiency
- Tax due diligence
- Management reporting and financial analysis
- Business succession planning
Jeremy has developed a deep understanding of a number of industries by working closely with many clients across industries including:
- Hospitality: from first class hotels to café's, food and beverage distributors and related suppliers. Everyone in the food supply chain.
- ICT: from start ups to trade sale, and getting ready for outside investment.
- Agribusiness: graziers and croppers all across Queensland. In particular assisting farmers when they’re confronted by the mining industry.
- Childcare: from structuring to accounting systems, including centre acquisitions and divestments.
- Professional services: legal, engineering, architects, even other accountants!
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- RG146 SMSF Advisor
- Member: Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Fellow and Chartered Tax Advisor: Tax Institute
Jeremy is a family man at heart, devoting most of his spare time to his wife and young family.
Whenever possible he enjoys a round of golf, a few beers with mates, and trips away with the family.