Matthew is a chartered accountant, registered company auditor and business valuation specialist with over 15 years’ experience in public practice and commercial roles with ASX listed companies. Matthew is a specialist in financial statements audit, assurance services, financial reporting and business valuation. Matthew’s experience includes advisory engagements with clients on governance, risk and compliance (GRC) projects with some of Queensland’s leading household names.
Matthew brings experience and new thinking to helping clients resolve complex commercial issues. His deep understanding of financial reporting for ASX listed companies and related assurance and audit services ensures clients are well informed and receive a ‘no surprises’ result. Matthew's commercial background enables him to bring a commercial approach to audit and reporting issues so that clients get the best outcome.
Matthew is currently an independent Non-Executive Director of Maleny Credit Union and CS Technology.
Matthew expertise is across the following key areas:
- Financial statement audits
- Other audit and assurance assignments
- Financial reporting advice
- Accounting standards advice
- Business valuation
- Intellectual property and intangible asset accounting and valuation
- Governance, risk and compliance consulting and review assignments
- Net present value assessment, including discounted cash flow modelling
- Due diligence assignments
- Mergers and acquisition assignments and support
- Internal control assessment assignments
- Internal audit review
- Independent Non-Executive Director
Matthew has developed a deep understanding of a wide variety of industries throughout his career, especially industries with trade and commodity exposure as well as industries in regulated environments. Matthew’s specific industry experience includes:
- Agribusiness and suppliers to the industry
- Building and construction
- Mining and Mining Services
- Information Communication and Technology
- Consumer businesses
- Hotel and tourism property owners and operators
- Property and property investment
- Financial services providers and investment companies
- Australian Financial Services Licence holders
- Professional services providers
- Superannuation funds and service providers
- Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) audits
- Not-for-profit entities and incorporated associations
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting), Charles Sturt University
- Master of Commerce, Macquarie University
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Registered Company Auditor
- Business Valuation specialist accredited with CAANZ
May 2018 - Trust Accounts: The business benefits of getting it right
Matthew dedicates spending his limited personal time with his wife Kathy and their four (yes that’s right, 4!) children. He’s an energetic family man proactively initiating trips to the park and grocery shopping alike (yes, he can tell you the price of a loaf of bread).
He spends a lot time coaching the kids with their homework on Sundays (especially the boys with their three Rs). For a little downtime, he enjoys keeping his xbox skills honed in the good company of his sons however his eldest boy is developing into a serious competitor in some of the games.