Ian Van Der Woude
Practice Areas: Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
Ian is an accomplished corporate executive with over twenty-five years experience in business consulting, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and operations management. He has been a senior executive in the hotel, hospitality and brewing industries since moving from Accounting public practice.
Ian is engaged as a specialist hospitality management consultant to assist owners and operators in enhancing venue value either in preparation for sale or to increase profitable cash flow. Ian’s key areas of expertise include:
- developing strategic and business plans
- feasibility assessments
- assistance with deal structuring and negotiations to Heads of Agreement between counterparties
- developing a refurbishment and capital expenditure plan
- conducting food system analysis and re-engineering
- performing Point of Sale system review, recommendations and implementations
- conduct best practice review of multi-venue operations; assessing corporate structure, systems and procedures and shared corporate services to create cost efficiencies.
- Performing HR reviews, implement best practice time and attendance management practices.
Ian’s management consulting expertise is readily applied to:
- Bachelor of Commerce – Finance (University of Tasmania)
- Masters of Business Administration – Management (QUT)
- Responsible Manager of Licensed Venues
Ian is a keen sailor with 30,000 nautical miles of coastal and ocean yacht racing in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans under his belt. He also enjoys scuba diving on wrecks and reefs which is favourite pastime to include on his travel adventures.Ian is a self-confessed ‘foodie’ exploring a wide variety of cuisine and always challenges himself to match it with the perfect wine.