Small Business Digital Grant Round 4 - now open!
Small Businesses can now access funding to help utilise digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter and make the most of online business opportunities with the latest round of Small Business Digital Grants. Matched funding of up to $10,000 may be provided for the purchase of hardware, software and services to eligible businesses who can demonstrate these digital capabilities will help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
To be eligible for the Grant, the applying business must employ fewer than 20 employees, be a Qld business registered for GST and have turnover of less than $2,000,000.
The digital technology or service needs to be completed within three months of the date of Grant approval and must fall under one of four identified priority areas:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
To submit an application for the Grant applicants need to provide the following details:
- a detailed quote for the digital technology or service for which you are seeking funding
- clear outline of how the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business and make the business more competitive
- detail outline of the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business, for example revenue growth, cost savings, time savings, employment outcomes
- a declaration of employee headcount
- confirmation and breakdown of your matched financial contribution.
Grant funding is limited so, in addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be prioritised on:
- the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes)
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money (compared to what other applicants can do with the Grant).
Applications for Round 4 close at 5pm on 11 April 2018. Apply now or for more information review the Small Business Digital Grants Program outline. For further information please contact your usual Hanrick Curran adviser or speak to Angela Winton on 3218 3900.
Please note that this publication is intended to provide a general summary and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal advice.